How Does Roofing Software Handle Change Orders and Revisions to Estimates?
Roofing software makes changes and updates easy – no tedious paperwork needed!
A user-friendly interface allows you to make changes and updates right from the dashboard, plus every single update gets logged in an automated history log.
It’s a great way for everyone on your team to stay up to date with all modifications made – keeping potential delays due to inaccurate invoices at bay.
Roofing software is full of helpful tools for making quick work of change orders and estimates. Looking to stay organized?
Here’s how roofing software can do the job:
- Tracking change orders: Roofing software can provide a central location for tracking change orders, including the date, description, and cost of each change. This can help ensure that all changes are documented and that clients are aware of the additional costs associated with the changes.
- Generating revised estimates: Roofing software can automatically generate revised estimates based on the changes that have been made. This can help ensure that clients are aware of the additional costs associated with the changes and that the revised estimate is accurate.
- Approval workflow: Some roofing software includes an approval workflow, which allows clients to approve or reject change orders and revisions to estimates. This can help ensure that clients are aware of the changes and have the opportunity to review and approve the additional costs.
- Document management: Roofing software can provide a centralized location for storing and sharing documents related to change orders and revisions, such as drawings, plans and photos. This can help clients review and approve the changes more easily.
- Real-time updates: Roofing software can provide real-time updates on the status of change orders and revisions, which can help ensure that clients are aware of the progress of the changes and that they are completed in a timely manner.
Need to update a changer order – how does it work?
Roofing software allows users to make revisions and updates to change orders quickly and easily.
For example, changes in the total estimated cost of materials or labor can be updated directly from the dashboard with a single click.
This eliminates the need for manually updating paperwork or invoices with new information.
Additionally, any changes are automatically logged in an audit log allowing team members to track and review all changes that have been made.
An example of how roofing software can handle revisions to change orders is as follows:
- A client requests a change to the original scope of work, such as replacing the original shingles with a different type of shingles.
- The project manager creates a change order in the roofing software, detailing the requested change, including the date, description, and cost of the change.
- The roofing software generates a revised estimate, which includes the additional cost of the change order.
- The revised estimate is then sent to the client for review and approval through the software.
- The client can access the software and review the revised estimate, including the additional cost of the change order, and approve or reject it.
- If the client approves the change order, the project manager can then assign the task to the team members and track the progress of the change order through the software.
- The team members can document their work with photos, videos, and notes, and upload them to the software, which can be accessed by the client and the project manager.
- The client can access the software and view the progress of the change order in real-time, and communicate with the team members through the built-in communication tools.
- Once the change order is completed, the client can approve the final work and the project manager can process the final payment through the software.
Wrapping it Up
Roofing software provides the perfect solution for handling change orders. Without it, making and tracking revisions would be a hassle!
It allows you to create revised estimates, ensuring your clients can easily review them and approve any work that needs to happen.
It’s like having your own personal assistant managing everything – what could be better?